Taicang is located at the southeast of Jiangsu Province, bordering the Yangtze River to the east and Shanghai to the south. It is the nearest city along the Yangtze River from Shanghai. Taicang covers an area of 810 square kilometers with a total population of 1.03 million. In 2019, Taicang ranked 7th in comprehensive strength, 2nd in scientific and technological innovation and 2nd in green development among China’s Top 100 county-level cities.
The industry of Taicang grows rapidly. In 2018, GDP of Taicang reached 133 billion RMB, public budget revenue reached 15.506 billion RMB and the number for fixed asset investment was 36.7 billion RMB in 2018. Foreign investment has performed well, and the German enterprises bring industrial output of over 50 billion RMB to Taicang every year.
- High-End Equipment Manufacturing
- Trading Headquarters
- New Material
- Aviation Industry
- 1993: The first German enterprise invested in Taicang
- 2008: “Cooperation Base for Sino-German Enterprises”, jointly awarded by Ministry of Commerce of China and German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy
- 2016: German Centre established in Taicang
- 2019: More than 320 German enterprises
- Yangtze River Delta Research Institute of Northwestern Polytechnical University and Taicang Campus
Taicang and Northwestern Polytechnical University cooperated to set up the Research Institute of Yangtze River Delta and Taicang Campus (Yangtze River Smart Bay). The number of undergraduate students in the Taicang campus is expected to be up to 6,000 students and graduate students 4,000. The plan is to build “6 colleges, 3 research centers, 1 department and 1 training center”. By 2021, the capital construction of the campus (phase I) will be completed.
- Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Taicang Campus
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Taicang Campus is founded by Xi’an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool and will be put into operation in 2020. By 2025, the number of students is estimated to reach 6,000. University’s initial plan is to establish 6 industrial institutes.
- Enterprise-College Cooperation-Dual Education
Ever since 2001, Taicang has already introduced German “Dual Education”, and has established a completed professional training system from junior college to bachelor and graduate school; more than 10,000 professional and technical talents are formed through “Dual Education”.
Dual Education Center:
- Taicang German Enterprises Technician Training Center
- Sino-German Training Center
- Schaeffler (China) Training Center
- Sino-German Dual Bachelor Training Program
Taicang Investment Promotion Bureau
Address: 2th Floor, B Tower, No.6 Building, 99 Xianfu East Street, Taicang city, Jiangsu Province 215400