Basel Area Business & Innovation is the office for promoting innovation and foreign direct investments for the northwest part of Switzerland (cantons of Basel-Stadt, Basel-Landschaft and Jura).
Basel Area Business & Innovation is looking for a representative in Shenzhen/Guangzhou, China (mandate-based) to help liaise with Chinese companies that are interested in establishing a presence in Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as official representative of Basel Area Business & Innovation in China together with our Chief Representative based in Shanghai
- Workload 50%
- Regional focus: Guangdong province
- Reporting to Director Asia, based in Basel, Switzerland
- Establish contacts to companies that are potentially interested in investing in the Basel region, based on targets jointly prepared with Basel Area Business & Innovation
- Provide these companies and individuals with information on the Basel economic area and support them during their decision-making process
- Monitor and maintain ongoing contacts with these companies and individuals (systematic and structured follow-ups)
- Organize roadshows and company meetings in China in collaboration with the Basel Area Business & Innovation office
- Liaise with the Swiss Business Hub in China with regard to investment promotion activities with the goal to generate new leads
- Maintain contact with potential multipliers (consultants, lawyers, chambers of commerce, etc.) with the goal to generate new leads
- Occasional travel required
- Chinese native with a bachelor or master degree
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Excellent existing network in the Chinese Life Sciences industry (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology)
- At least 5 years’ experience or proven expertise in the Life Sciences industry
- Preference is given to candidates with knowledge of Switzerland, the Swiss economy and the Basel economic area
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Loyal, transparent and trustworthy
- Resident of Shenzhen/Guangzhou or nearby region
Start of employment: April 2021 or by arrangement
Duration: long-term commitment
The pre-selection of candidates will be carried out by Swiss Business Hub of Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing and Consulate General of Switzerland in Guangzhou. If you are interested in the job offer, please send your Cover Letter, CV and further documentation both in English and Chinese to:
- Ms. WANG Ke, Chief Trade Officer, Swiss Business Hub China of Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. CHEN Xiaowei, Trade Officer, Swiss Business Hub China of Consulate General of Switzerland in Guangzhou, email@example.com
Application Deadline: 31st December 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Click here to download the Job Description.Read more