by swisschamsha in
The Swiss Business Hub China (SBH), located within the premises of the Swiss official representations in China (Embassy of Switzerland in Beijing and the Consulates General of Switzerland in Shanghai and Guangzhou) and a network partner of the official Swiss trade and investment promotion organization Switzerland Global Enterprise (www.s-ge.com), is responsible for the Swiss export and investment promotion activities in China. The main goal of the SBH is to support Swiss small and medium sized companies to enter the People’s Republic of China market and to promote Switzerland as an economic hub towards Chinese entrepreneurs as well as companies willing to develop their activities in Europe. For our Guangzhou office, we are recruiting a new
Investment Officer (100%)
Required qualifications and skills:
- Good team player with a ‘put the team first’ mindset
- Chinese native speaker, excellent English (both written and spoken), mastering of a Swiss national language is an asset.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree. Good knowledge of Swiss business environment is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a similar position in international investment promotion, marketing and/or international commerce, coupled with an extensive Chinese business network.
- Dynamic, independent and proactive person with strong communication, presentation and business development skills.
- Assist the Swiss Consul General in Guangzhou and the Investment Promotion Director (Embassy Beijing) for tasks assigned (which may also lie outside your geographical area of responsibility).
- Research and analyze Chinese companies that have potential and ability to carry out outbound investment, organize one-to-one-meetings with senior management team from the target companies.
- Organize investment promotion activities in South China, e.g. roadshows, seminars, private dinners, workshops etc.
- Participate in conferences and seminars organized by local partners and present Switzerland as an ideal business location.
- Maintain good relationship with local Chinese government authorities, business associations, industrial parks and companies.
- Communicate and work with Swiss stakeholders (Swiss cantons, regions, knowledge partners, external agencies) and support their activities in South China.
- Quality control of Chinese publications and manage Swiss Business Hub WeChat account in collaboration with other Investment Promotion officers.
- Maintain contacts’ database in South China.
Start of employment: Summer 2021 (by arrangement)
Place of employment: Consulate General of Switzerland in Guangzhou
If you are interested in a multifaceted job at the interface of public affairs and private economy, please send your English motivation letter, CV, two references and further relevant documents until Friday, June 11, 2021 to:
Mr. Yves Morath, Head of Swiss Business Hub China, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +86 10 8532 8888
When applying, please use the following subject line: Investment Officer Guangzhou
P.S. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the deadline.
Please click here to download the Job Description.