by swisschamsha in
The Swiss Business Hub China (SBH China) is part of the Embassy of Switzerland in the People’s Republic of China in Beijing and of the Swiss Consulates General in Shanghai and Guangzhou. It supports SMEs from Switzerland and Liechtenstein in their business development in China and provides Chinese companies with information on Switzerland as a business location. SBH China represents Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE), the official Swiss agency for export and investment promotion.
More information on SBH China: https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/china/en/home/representations/embassy-in-beijing/sbh-china.html
For our Beijing office, we are looking for a high-achieving
Chief Investment Officer (100%)
-Requirements, professional competencies, skills and values:
- Swiss national or Schengen/IE/UK-national with multi-year residence in Switzerland
- University Bachelor or Master’s Degree
- At least 3 to 5 years of working experience in a similar position (international and Swiss experience preferred) or in trade, investment, private industry or consultancy, with a strong link to China
- Solid leadership and managerial experience
- Ability to proficiently and confidently navigate the Chinese and Swiss business and cultural environments, acting as a bridging function
- Proficiency in English, German and/or French, verbal business proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- Strategic thinking and planning, strategy management, project management
- Excellent networking skills, PR & communications experience and affinity
- Excellent software skills (Microsoft Office applications, social media etc.)
- Solid professional values, such as drive, flexibility, pragmatism, resilience, ability to deliver results under pressure; reliability, transparency, high quality standards, team spirit
-The tasks and responsibilities：
- Planning, implementation, quality management and evaluation of the yearly Investment Promotion (IP) targets (KPIs) and activities; reporting to S-GE and partners
- Definition of IP strategy in China, in cooperation with the Head of SBH China and with S-GE, leveraging synergies between Swiss national priorities and local market opportunities in China
- Coordination of all IP matters with the Swiss Embassy in Beijing and the Swiss Consulates General in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu
- Leading cooperation with important IP partners (Swiss cantons, regions, knowledge partners, agencies, universities, media, associations, chambers of commerce, interest groups etc.)
- Planning/implementing marketing activities, events, PR and media activities for the promotion of Switzerland as a business location for Chinese companies, including presentations in E/CN
- Building and maintaining a strong network among high-level, mature Chinese companies, multipliers and stakeholders
- Generation and careful editing of official forms (‘Prospects’) of potential settlement projects in Switzerland, in cooperation with IP team
- Management/coaching of a team of 3 local employees located in three Swiss representations in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou), reporting to the Head SBH China
- Responsibility for annual IP budget, planning, accounting, controlling and financial reporting
- Leading compilation and editorial of reports and publications (internal and official)
Start of employment: Autumn 2022 or upon agreement
Place of employment: Embassy of Switzerland, Beijing – Swiss Business Hub China
If you are interested in a multifaceted job at the interface of public affairs and private economy, please send your English motivation letter, CV and further documentation until the 30th of September 2022 by email to:
Mr. Joel Saurina, Head of Swiss Business Hub China, email@example.com.
The selection process will take place in October 2022.
For more information, please visit here.