DKSH Acquires Right Base Chemicals in China, Further Expanding its Performance Materials Business

by swisschambei in Business

DKSH announced that it has signed an agreement for the acquisition of a majority stake in a joint-venture with Chinese specialty chemicals distributor Right Base Chemicals (RBC). The joint-venture is in line with DKSH’s strategy to solidify its leading position in the distribution of specialty chemicals and ingredients in Asia Pacific. RBC primarily distributes additives, resins, and colorants for coating and ink applications. Founded in 1992 and based in Shanghai, RBC and its 60 employees cover the Eastern, Central, and South-Western regions of the Chinese market. Thomas Sul and Natale Capri, Co-Heads Business Unit Performance Materials at DKSH, jointly commented: “China is by far the largest market for chemical distribution in APAC. By acquiring RBC, we are actively driving forward the market consolidation of the specialty chemicals industry. This joint-venture will further strengthen our market coverage of the coatings industry and will provide an extended platform for leveraging our key suppliers portfolio for further industries in China. We are glad to welcome all of RBC’s employees and look forward to growing with them together.” RBC generates net sales of around CHF 25 million¹ at sound profitability and return on capital. Initially, DKSH will acquire a 70% stake in the joint-venture with RBC and the remaining 30% in five years. The joint-venture is expected to be immediately earnings-accretive. Closing of the transaction is expected for the fourth quarter of 2021 and is subject to certain conditions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Your Swiss Business Platform in China

SwissCham China has roughly 600 company members. Our Chamber maintains a strong relationship with the Embassy of Switzerland, Switzerland Global Enterprise, Swissnex and Switzerland Tourism. As the representative of the Swiss companies established in China, our goal is to help you to increase your business and visibility, especially amongst the Sino-Swiss business community.

Become A Member

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
July 17, 2023
Published By in Business
July 16, 2023
Published By in Engineering / Manufacturing
July 13, 2023
Published By Consulate General of Switzerland in Guangzhou in Engineering / Manufacturing
July 3, 2023
Published By in Bilateral Relations