Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the General Manager (GM) is responsible for providing leadership and vision by driving the Chamber’s activities, including events, marketing, public relations, and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Run the office of 5-7 people;
- Ensure the implementation of the Board’s strategy and vision;
- Ensure the financial viability of the Chamber;
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and current member companies;
- Supervise and direct projects (events, communication and marketing tools);
- Relations with Swiss and Chinese Government officials;
- Promote Sino-Swiss Trade & Economic relations by coordinating and cooperating with various other institutions such as the Swiss Embassy, CCPIT, SwissCham regional offices, other Chambers
- Master Degree or other equivalent advanced degree in a China and/or business related field;
- 2 to 3 years experience in management;
- Effective leadership and organizational skills;
- Capacity of thinking strategically and identifying priorities;
- Effective oral and written communications skills;
- Reliable, able to work well under pressure, pro-active, flexible and open-minded;
- Deep understanding of the Chinese market and business environment;
- Language skills:
- Excellent oral and written skills in English;
- Fluency in one or more Swiss languages (French, German, Italian);
- Command of Chinese is an asset
- Mandatory requirement: Swiss Citizen or at least 5 years work/ study experience in Switzerland;
As General Manager you will have access to a large network of business leaders. You will contribute directly to the development of the Chamber and its growth in the long term future. SwissCham is an exciting platform for your professional and personal development providing a general insight into Swiss business in China.