After successful editions in 2013 and 2015, the Sino-Swiss Business Awards 2017 has announced the winners of its third edition during an exclusive gala evening held at the Rosewood Beijing. More than 350 guests attended the event which included top economic and political leaders from both Switzerland and China. For the first time, and in the frame of the OBOR Summit, the highest authority of Switzerland, honoured the Ceremony with her presence: Her Excellency, Federal Councillor Doris Leuthard, President of the Swiss Confederation and Head of the Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications.
“The finalists in all categories have provided inspiration and encouragement to everyone committed to Sino-Swiss business relations” affirmed H.E. Ambassador Jean-Jacques de Dardel in his welcome message. “It’s an honor to be here and witness the highly deserved celebration of your success. It’s also an opportunity to thank you for your outstanding contributions and for your commitment to our remarkable Sino-Swiss relations”, stated H.E. Federal Councillor Doris Leuthard in her opening speech. This event was also the occasion to launch the SSID as announced by the President of SwissCham Beijing Samuel Baumgartner ‘Switzerland, often designated the most innovative country in the world, undeniably has much to bring to China and vice-versa. It is in this respect that SwissCham is proud to announce the creation of a platform that aims to intensify exchange between Swiss and Chinese companies in this field: the Sino-Swiss Innovation Dialogue (SSID).’
The winners of the Sino-Swiss Business Awards 2017 are:
- Entrepreneur Outstanding Achievements – CHEERS Wines
- SME Outstanding Achievements – IQAir
- COFCO MNC Outstanding Achievements – Nestlé (China) Ltd.
- Entrepreneur Innovator – Kaiterra
- ROCHE SME Innovator – Swissmooh (Qingdao) Food Co. Ltd.
- NBS MNC Innovator – Schindler
- Chinese Innovator – Huawei Technologies Switzerland AG
- NESTLÉ Chinese Promoter – Zhongshan Sino-Swiss (European) Industrial Park
The Special Recognition goes to:
- Special Recognition for Exceptional Investment in Switzerland – COFCO International