by swisschambei in
Functional Title: Head/Deputy Head SRI China Center
Corporate Title: Senior Vice-President/Vice-President
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time Employee
Job Location: Beijing, China
The role as Head/Deputy SRI China Center within the Swiss Re Institute (SRI) is a unique opportunity for you to work on hands-on projects with a concrete impact on the China insurance market. Together with a high-calibre and motivated cross-functional team, you will be conducting research & development activities that focuses on China’s macroeconomic, social, financial market and policy developments, as well as the life and non-life (re)insurance industry.
SRI China Center is being newly established, reflecting the strategic importance of China for Swiss Re and part of its global efforts to promote impactful research through the Swiss Re Institute. The role as Head/Deputy SRI China Center is a broad and exciting professional growth opportunity and receives frequent exposure to senior management. You will be able to meaningfully support and shape Swiss Re’s China business strategies and promote Swiss Re’s franchise in the Chinese market as well as serve as the senior SRI person on the ground in mainland China.
You should expect a dynamic and fast-paced environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and accountability in your work. You act as a voice of authority and provide guidance and leadership to other Swiss Re Institute China staff and support the decision making process within SRI China. Formally, we are seeking a Senior Analyst/Senior Economist as Head/Deputy Head SRI China Center based in Beijing, reporting to Swiss Re’s Group Chief Economist who is also with the SRI.
- Conduct research and provide forecasts/analysis on key macroeconomic and (re)insurance market trends in China, as well as to develop solutions, services, or business POCs that will support SR’s business strategy in China
- Contribute to Swiss Re Group capital allocation by developing insights that support capital steering, investing in new/future risk pools and improve business performance through differentiation. This includes, but is not limited to, research in consumer preferences and segmentation, product development, distribution trends, regulatory and competitor environment
- Support with the team the development and management of a diverse set of research projects in collaboration with external partners
- Lead staff in the day-to-day operations for the SRI China Centre
- Provide services to SR’s clients to enhance differentiation and client loyalty
- Support SR and SRI’s branding, engagement and thought leadership activities in China. This requires frequent interaction with clients, regulators, government bureaus, think tanks, tech companies and start-ups, media, academia and insurance associations
- Take part in SRI industry events in China, in addition to acting as a spokesperson for SR and SRI in public forums
- Work in close collaboration with other SRI (core and linked) units in different locations
- At least 7 years of experience as an economist or analyst or holding senior position in research institutions or think-thank
- A deep understanding of the Chinese economy and culture, particularly the emerging “new” economy featuring new technologies and applications
- Experience of (re)insurance, or proficiency in statistical analysis and quantitative analyses, is a plus
- Very strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; able to articulate complex technical issues to different audiences verbally and in writing, including in MS Powerpoint
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is required
- A post-graduate university degree or equivalent, in insurance/finance or other related disciplines
- Very agile, open-minded and curious personality with ability to work under tight timelines
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
- Good references and an acute analytical ability are required
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- able to lead a cross-functional and international team
- a strong focus on efficiency and productivity
- able to complete projects within tight deadlines
- being strongly client focused and results oriented
- has a sense of humour
Please kindly click here to apply if you are interested in this position.