by swisschambei in
The Communication Officer develops in-depth information and communication content for the promotion of SwissCham and its activities in coordination with the General Manager and the Marketing & Events Manager. He/ She proactively develops editorial content in English and Chinese for the social media and traditional channels. He/ She does translations and interpretations when needed, and may be asked to manage projects on his/her own to help promote the chamber’s activities.
Start of employment: 01.09.2019 (or as agreed)
Working time: 50% – 100%
Place of employment: SwissCham, Beijing
As the Communication Officer, you will provide communication and social media support to the Chamber, in order to carry out its media and communication objectives. Among others, your tasks will be:
- Develop communication concepts and plans for major projects and secure their implementation.
- Develop and edit content for the communication tools (brochures, leaflets, etc.).
- Translate contents for various communication supports from English to Chinese and vice-versa.
- Maintain good contact with members and partners.
- Social media and website
- Develop the communication tools of the Chamber and create original content (text, photo, video) for the following in English and Chinese in a professional way and high-level graphic design standards: reader’s digest, newsletter, event invitations, press releases, etc.
- Develop the social media channels and network of SwissCham among social media influencers.
- Update the website content and manage the general IT issues related to the CMS or other.
- Project management
- Manage projects in the field of communication and the promotion of Sino-Swiss business relations.
- Manage various administrative activities and replacements; fulfill various other tasks when needed, in case of absence of other colleagues.
Requirements and skills
- Chinese native speaker; excellent English, both written and spoken; knowledge of German and/or French is an additional asset.
- Beijing resident or willing to relocate to Beijing at their own cost.
- University Bachelor’s degree in PR, media, marketing or international relations with preferably overseas experience.
- Excellent writing aptitudes in Chinese and English along with 2 years of professional experience in communication, journalism or international relations.
- Fast learner, ability to work independently; strong organizational & analytical skills.
- Communicative and creative personality & good team player.
- Work experience in project management.
- Proficiency in MS Office and graphic design tools.
Please submit the following documents with your application in English:
- letter of motivation, resume (Curriculum Vitae)
- 1-2 references
- 1/2 page written sample on any topic relating to Sino-Swiss business relations
- other relevant documents (certificates).
The application must be sent to [email protected] with mention “Communication Officer, before August 5th, 2019.
Note on procedures:
- Only complete applications will be considered
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview